Go to: Just Soup Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
Leek and Pepper Soup
2 cloves garlic -- minced
2 small scallions -- thinly sliced
2 medium onions -- thinly sliced
3 medium leeks -- thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large potato -- thinly sliced
1/2 medium red pepper -- sliced diagonally
1/2 medium yellow pepper -- sliced diagonally
1 teaspoon mace -- added after cooking (can add more to taste)
2 beef bouillon cube
2 cups water -- or 3
Servings: 8 or more
(A little salt adds flavour if a salt free diet is not needed)
1. Saute garlic in oil. Add scallions, onion, and leeks and saute for
a few minutes more … till veggies are limp and with just a
touch of browning.
2. Add water and bouillion and bring to a boil. Add as much water
later as you want, depending on your preference of consistency.
Water can be added during cooking or at the end..or both.
3. Add potato and everything else from above list..plus cilantro,
parsley, rosemary and/or chives. Fresh or dried is OK.
4. Cook about 40 minutes, or till veggies are tender (about 20 mins
in electric frying pan.
5.Pick out some red and yellow pepper slices to slice.
6. Process the rest of the mixture in a food chopper till smooth and
7. Add mace and stir well. Cut up remaining peppers into tiny bits
8. Serve hot. Garnish with fresh parsley, chives or cilantro. (Even a sprinkle
of dried will work)
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.